Normally I am not one that likes surprises. But this one email I received last night surprised me in a good way, so it was a welcomed surprise. My blog was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award, by a very charming young man named Charlie. I was rather surprised when I found out he followed my blog. It was a surprise because he is a grade-school-age young man, although reading his blog I wonder if he is actually older. His blog could be a book in itself. He seems to have the gift of writing. So I thank you, Charlie , for the nomination.
Now, there is a list of things to do when nominated. So the first one I have already done, but I will thank him again. Thank you Charlie. It was indeed a pleasure to receive an email from you. I wish you the best!
The second thing I am supposed to do, I don’t really like to do, but I will give seven facts about me in keeping with the rules:
1) I am a mother of two. A son, 13 years old and a daughter, 11 years old.
2) I have been homeschooling both of them for four years. If you wish to read about that then go to lovelaughlearnteach.wordpress.com
3) I love photography. Natural surroundings with my children in the middle of them have made the best Christmas presents for many years.
4) Running into spider webs seems to be my thing. I’ve learned some great karate moves doing this. 🙂
5) I love reading, obviously, or I wouldn’t have a book review site. 🙂
6) I have two dogs, a German Shepherd named Ember and a Rat terrier named Charlie, and a cat, one of the sweetest little tabby kitties I have ever met, named Scarlett.
7) I am an author. I have written and published seven books. Two more are due out first of next year. I have about twelve more in the works.
The last thing on the list is to nominate 15 other blogs, and inform them on their site, well I do not follow fifteen other blogs, I only follow about five. Here they are: